There’s no getting around the changing weather in Wausau, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to schedule annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners solely associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that can help you save on your monthly heating bills.
- Take It Down A Notch. Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees may help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another simple fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, changing furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Gilray Heating and Cooling expert drops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few simple ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures drop in Wausau. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is right for your system, give the pros at Gilray Heating and Cooling a call at 715-301-0727 to start saving a little more today.