Having routine air conditioning service performed at least yearly can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Wausau summer, have the specialists at Gilray Heating and Cooling perform your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illicitly freeing it to the environment.
- Look for correct airflow through the system.
- Verify the correct electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We suggest taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Gilray Heating and Cooling today at 715-301-0727.