During the cooler Wausau months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to Gilray Heating and Cooling will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Gilray Heating and Cooling as soon as possible if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be evaluated by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Gilray Heating and Cooling can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Gilray Heating and Cooling at 715-301-0727 or book an appointment with us online.