In Wausau you count on your furnace
to keep you comfy throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a regular maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be needing a furnace repair
visit any day. At the very least, you might have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and impact your furnace’s execution. It could even cause problems with your furnace’s control switch, which works furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve compiled some signs for you to scan for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump maintenance, the better. Call in a professional, like Gilray Heating and Cooling, if you see any of these signs:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as easily as it should, or does it seem weak? Symptoms related to your blower could suggest a slight problem with your air filter or the internal blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It may be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a issue with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts running noisily or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be trouble.
- You smell gas. You certainly don’t want to mess around with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace at once and cut off its gas supply. Avoid lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Many times this is a blocked condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC professionals to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a number of problems. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these symptoms, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Gilray Heating and Cooling at 715-301-0727 when you need to setup repairs or routine maintenance.