As springtime rolls around, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Wausau? Even if your air conditioning system is newer or was cooling well last season.
Here’s one way to think about it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never have to schedule any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same affects your air conditioning. It’s a machine that uses fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can wear out.
Having your unit examined seasonally by a Gilray Heating and Cooling expert can help spot small problems before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is installed outdoors, it’s more inclined to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly lower your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling an expert to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate within your unit can force it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy consumption—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could extend your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it last for a greater period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity bill and over the years, as you won’t have to install new equipment as quickly.
- It helps determine minor issues before they turn into big, costly troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully look at parts and perform a series of cooling performance checks. These in-depth measures often allow us to find issues before they create extensive issues that lead to an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure stress-free operation throughout the season. After your system is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your equipment is well-prepared to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this tune-up, your equipment is at risk for advanced failure and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC service should involve an inspection and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the services we’ll complete:
We’ll check the following locations and pieces:
- Overall unit condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with Gilray Heating and Cooling
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Gilray Heating and Cooling pros a call at 715-301-0727 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we come to your home, make sure to check our special offers for savings on your approaching service.