As warmer weather starts, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Wausau? Especially if your air conditioning unit is recently installed or was running just fine last year.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Gilray Heating and Cooling expert can help spot minor issues before they turn into large malfunctions. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your cooling system is installed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively affect your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate in your equipment can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy needs—and a higher utility bill!
- It could prolong your system’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and could even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to get new equipment as soon.
- It helps identify little troubles before they become big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine parts and complete a cycle of cooling performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to find troubles before they turn into large troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free cooling throughout the summer. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and components:
- Full equipment state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Now with Gilray Heating and Cooling
This week is the greatest time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Gilray Heating and Cooling pros a call at 715-301-0727 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we come to your house, be sure to check our special offers for savings on your approaching tune-up.