As we get deeper in to November and the temperature begins to dip, we’re faced with the imminent decision of when to turn the heat on. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with winter rapidly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the season.
So when it’s time to replace your furnace, how do you know which option to choose between an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being layered up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was about to go out.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can give you and give us a shout at 715-301-0727 if you have any more questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more complex because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are greater than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Gives less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you decide to go with, your comfort should never be sacrificed, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t think twice about giving Gilray Heating and Cooling in Wausau a call at 715-301-0727. We’re more than happy to help answer all of your furnace questions.