With warmer temperatures nearby, now is the time to prep your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at top efficiency, it can cut a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit is in need of service, it could drastically heighten your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Gilray Heating and Cooling professional perform air conditioning service
at least each year is crucial to keeping your system operating at its best for the long haul. He or she can ensure the unit is running correctly and can identify possible concerns prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your expert air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and periodically throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during winter. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and end with the need for large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on things like owning house pets or performing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you have a comfortable home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer offers. Give the team at Gilray Heating and Cooling a call at 715-301-0727.