It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be taken advantage of for simple conveniences like realizing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These permit you to control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a variety of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the greatest savings out there. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a high priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you like to know when it’s time to replace your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to inform you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are developed for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can pick the best one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a variety of perks that can help increase your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Gilray Heating and Cooling in Wausau has a number of thermostats to pick from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 715-301-0727.